Thursday, August 5, 2010

Could it get any better than MST3K?

So Tuesday night Colt and I drove up to San Francisco to see Cinematic Titanic. This is basically an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 done live in front of about 2000 crazed fans in the Castro theater.
If you don't know anything about SF, let me bring you up to speed...The "Castro" area of San Francisco is quite possibly the gayest area in the world. I'm talkin 2-for-1 cockrings gay. Parking is a nightmare, short shorts are in, skull and cross cocks carved into the sidewalk in front of the theater. That being said- awesome night. I've been a fan of MST3K since I was in a Junior in High School and it was a real treat to see Joel and TV's Frank work their magic live. The movie was "War Of The Insects", a Japanese B-movie that did not disapoint. If you get a chance to go...GO!
http://www.cinematictitanic.com/
The 3 Amigos jumbo pastor on the way back to SC wasn't too bad either. Love that place.