Thursday, August 19, 2010

Final Bad Brains prints are done

Here’s how I spent my last couple evenings.
I haven’t counted how may prints in this edition, but my guess is 75 will be signed and numbered. This wound up being only a 4 color print. My original plan was way more complex but once I saw it with the background in place I realized it had a lot more style as a simple cartoon snake rather than one with several colors and fully shaded. I never do this, but it looked really good, so I scrapped the extra layers and changed the halftones. These are a nice size too- 25”X9.5” inches. The black halftones on the background printed super clean and have now changed my opinion of how halftones should be used. I will probably use them much more now. These will be for sale after the show.
This is the usual stacking method