Sunday, August 29, 2010

Newest Art Prints (Bite Fight)

This box of prints has been moved around my office for months now. It is now time to do something with them. These are leftover prints from the sports themed poster show Gallery 1988 in Los Angeles put on in March 2010. The show was called “The Greatest Moments In Sports History” and the intent was to capture and/or commemorate a great sporting moment. This was weird for me being I don’t follow sports at all. I mean, other than competitive eating that is. First thing I thought of was Tyson biting off Holyfield’s ear.


Lots of ways I could illustrate this but I opted for a subtle route and did a pin-up style ring card girl. This is a 7 color hand pulled screen print on 100# stock. Edition is only 35 signed and numbered pieces. Price is $35 each, postage paid. It is called “Bite Fight”. Only 50 artists were invited to participate in this show and I was quite honored to make the cut. Prints can be ordered on my site.