Friday, September 17, 2010

Guido Roofing Screen Print

Printed these up last night and cured them this morning. Black and Royal Blue shirts, polos and sweat shirts. This is a reprint order, but the first run was done only on blue shirts so the character’s blue hat and shirt and the blue of the sky was not printed…just a knock out. This was a way to cut costs for the first run. Black shirts require a blue screen to be added with a white under base under the entire circle. All that under base sucks up the white ink pretty quick. I was adding more ink every 4 shirts. I think this image looks real nice on black. Everything pops better on black.

7 color print still on press

Flipped for your viewing pleasure

Solar post hardening of screens

When I was setting up, the sun actually came out for a bit. This was the fourth time this happened all summer, so it was kind of a big deal. I was able to post harden my screens the fast and free way! Post hardening toughens up the emulsion after your initial exposure and washout. This second dose of UV rays makes the stencil hold up better for a long run, especially when you use a very thin coat of emulsion like I do. Thin emulsion=thin stencil=thin layer if ink laid down=soft final print. This was set up on all 110 mesh screens, except the black was my usual 230 mesh